Saturday, August 31, 2013

Plein Air of Palo Duro Canyon, Near Amarillo Texas

Photography Prints

This painting is acrylic on stretched canvas. Clicking on the picture will take you to the prints. We were staying in the Lighthouse cabin at Palo Duro Canyon in the Texas Panhandle, and I wanted to paint on location! The wind was strong, but I was determined. I did manage to paint most of the scene en plein air, adding touch-ups later.

It was a great experience. On the first night, we heard thunder, rain, and wind. I opened the door and peered out. There was no rain, no thunder, and no lightning, but much wind, bounding down the canyon and whipping around the rock cabin. I went back to sleep, to the sound of pounding--wind!

On the second day, I found a small snake in the living area of the cabin. It had been hiding under my shoe. We managed to see him safely out of the building.


palo duro art rock art desert paintings texas paintings texas prints rocks paintings texas art palo duro canyon art

No comments:

Post a Comment