Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sticking to the Diet at Applebee's.

Today I went Applebee's restaurant.  I wanted to stay the course, and not derail all my hard work or waste the money it cost to join Weight Watchers.  I did a little internet homework before leaving the house, and when in the restaurant, I chose a peppercorn steak meal for about 400 calories. I drank a Coke Zero and had no dessert.   I think I did well.  My stomach seemed to think differently. 

It seemed to be thinking, "Hey wait a minute, we're not done yet!"  That comes from being used to eating more, and having something sweet after the meal, even if it's just a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  I ignored the stomach.  We had our drinks poured into Styrofoam cups and headed for the art show. 

I had a couple of small artworks in the show, but the most prominent thing to my eyes was the table of cookies, cake, dip, and more.  I had a small dish of fruit and that was all.  My prayer is that I can continue in this vein of good behavior. The Bible says to resist the devil and he will flee from you.  I can't remember reading anything in there about cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment